Our client is the world’s leading global, integrated services company specializing in the delivery of related services to customers across six continents. The Company values are the standards they set for themselves and the culture of the organisation is the way those values are reflected in their behaviours and actions.
Senior Buyer – Romania Procurement Supervisor
- Holds a basic understanding of sourcing and could build and develop category plans with assistance.
- Carry out compliant sourcing, negotiation activities with key suppliers, in line with the Regional Category strategies, ensuring supply chain solutions meet the business requirements and deliver in year P/L savings and efficiencies.
- Support supplier performance measures against which suppliers are monitored within a culture of continuous improvement and best practice, making recommendations to change suppliers where necessary
- Acts as Procurement Subject matter expert for the Romanian team
- Demonstrate a track record of being able to run an effective procurement process from start to finish
- Able to effectively commercial contract management for critical supplier contracts, driving a continuous improvement agenda, with tangible measurable outputs
- Support procurement initiatives and build positive working relationships with senior stakeholders, developing appropriate engagement processes to successfully influence procurement investment, budget and planning cycles.
- Is able to fully describe all P2P transaction processes, demonstrating a thorough understanding of each and able to describe the benefits.
- Has a thorough understanding of the principles of cataloguing, customer self-service and supplier enablement
- Provide leadership in the management and implementation of Company wide supply contracts.
- Takes part of the international Procurement community and acts as a champion of cross-border buying opportunities which benefit Romania and the wider group.
- Ensure the Company fully optimises its procurement leverage through structured supplier rationalisation and consolidation programmes
- Ensure full contractual and legal compliance ensuring suppliers perform strictly in line with contractual conditions and legislative requirements; including risk mitigation plans
- Ensure regular market testing and benchmarking is performed to ensure the maintenance of market competitiveness, value for money and best practice.
- Provide commercial leadership in the negotiation of indexation and other contract variations and escalate compliance and commercial risks as appropriate.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the P&L and balance sheet principles and impacts/influence of procurement activity. Can support key stakeholders in the budget planning process where required.
- Able to run review meetings with both stakeholders and suppliers to review performance and demonstrate they can manage improvement plans where poor performance is being delivered.
- Can distinguish between risks and issues, will define risks correctly and escalate where needed
- Working collaboratively & Pro-actively
- Customer First Attitude
- Creating Change and Innovation
- People Management Skills
- Simplifying the Complex
- Knowledge in managing databases
- Tenacity and Influencing
- Attention to detail
Skills and Knowledge
- At least 3-4 years practical Procurement experience
- Demonstrable experience in a professional purchasing role
- Self starter attitude, able to drive / support a strategic procurement agenda.
- Strong commercial acumen, advanced knowledge of contract law and good financial management
- Ability to influence key &diverse stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage fluctuating workloads with a flexible approach to the fulfilment of work commitments
- Demonstrable knowledge of sub-contracting processes including legislative requirements around asset and facilities management
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good command of English, both written and spoken.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for these truly challenging and rewarding positions, send your CV in English/Romanian at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position name on all correspondence, till 4.05.2018. Applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.