Our client is a successful and ambitious business operating in the exciting and rapidly changing engineering sector. At a time when the engineering filed is one of the few developing during this economical environment, our client is expanding their team with:
Chief Financial Officer
- The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides both operational and programmatic support to the organization. The CFO supervises the finance unit and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and directly assists the Chief Operating Officer (COO) on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters.
- Participate in developing new business, specifically: assist the CEO and COO in identifying new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery.
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass audits.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Attend Board meetings; including being the lead staff on the Audit/Finance Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Oversee the production of monthly reports, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Audit/Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Oversee business insurance plans.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- University degree in Economics (MBA/ ACCA – would be an advantage).
- Minimum 5 years experience in financial management
- Good analytical skills and business sense.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team of professionals, accountants and finance specialists.
- Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Capacity to work with dead-lines and under pressure.
- Proficiency in English.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for these truly challenging and rewarding positions, send your CV in English at email@example.com quoting the position name on all correspondence, till October 21, 2017. Applications will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview